WHERE WE FUND
The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation funds programs in Los Angeles County and Washington State.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A GRANT
The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation does not generally consider unsolicited proposals. Instead, we develop long-term strategies and then search for appropriate organizations that can best implement them. We seek out institutions that demonstrate strong organizational leadership, proof of past and current impact, financial soundness and the ability to successfully implement initiatives and assess their performance. When the Foundation has funding opportunities with open application opportunities, we will announce them on our website.
If you are interested in the Building Excellence in Small Theatres Award, click here.
- We are a family foundation committed to active philanthropy.
- We contribute our financial resources, personal experience, acumen and energy to each program we support.
- We believe education is the single most important factor to advancing positive, sustainable change in our communities and in the world. Our strategy is to partner with organizations serving Los Angeles and Washington State to create and/or enhance effective program models that are both expandable and exportable.
- We bring a business perspective to each of our partnerships with a disciplined approach to evaluation and measurement.
- We are committed to continuous improvement and to sharing of all that we learn with other like-minded organizations.
- Our goals do not end with our own partnership programs; they begin there. Our intent is to generate momentum for organizations, individuals and ideas with the power to inspire others.
- Underlying all that we do is our hope and optimism for the future, grounded by a sense of urgency to act in ways that will contribute to needed change.